The information being provided is strictly as a courtesy. When you link any of these websites provided herewith you are leaving this site. Our company makes no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of information provided at the sites. Nor is the company liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or any consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, sites, information and programs made available through the site. When you access one of these sites, you are leaving InFocus Financial Advisors’ website and assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the sites you are linking to.Submit
Local Exercise Programs
1. Salisbury MD — MAC Inc. Richard Henson Wellness Center at The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Building Exercise and Fitness Classes are every month designed for adults 50+. Classes include Circuit Training, Chair Yoga, Tai Chi for Better Balance, Stepping On, Foam Rolling, Stretching and Personal Training. For more info, visit the MAC website or call 410-742-0505
3. Georgetown and Lower DE — CHEER Centers In Georgetown, during the day, members can enjoy a variety of activities including exercise programs, Tai Chi, Yoga, Zumba, Wii™ games, Mah Jong, support groups, craft classes, health seminars, concerts, games, educational and cultural trips, bingo, and much, much more. Activities vary at Centers. See calendar for schedule of events and activities. Annual Membership is a low fee.
For more info, visit the CHEER Center website
Local Presentations, Get Togethers, & Education
1. Salisbury MD — Institute for Retired Persons at Salisbury University Designed for adults aged 50 and above, the IRP offers programs to enlighten, educate and offer better understanding of our world. The IRP meets at SU’S Guerrieri University Center on Tuesdays at 2 p.m. during the University’s spring and fall semesters. Visit SU’s site for more info
2. Internet — TED Talks Watch fascinating presentations on everything from staying younger, new medical technology to exploring our vast oceans and motivating employees in a small company. Keep Your Mind Sharp! Watch them here
3. Happy Timers Program Wicomico Parks and Rec do wonderful programs for ages 50 years or older. From Chess Tournaments, to line dancing, exercise, bridge and parties. Dues are around $60/year. Can’t beat that! Quite a few clients give this program the thumbs up! Find out more here
4. Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (Delaware) Osher Lifelong Learning Institute is an academic cooperative for adults 50 and older to enjoy classes, teach, exchange ideas and travel together. See membership benefits here!
5. Volunteer Delaware 50 and over The mission of Volunteer Delaware 50+ is to engage persons 50 and older in volunteer service to meet critical community needs and to provide a high quality experience that will enrich the lives of volunteers. Click here for more info
Reading and Resources
1. The Healthy Geezer Many articles of specific interest to those 60 and up. Everything from bursitis to heart surgery to body piercing. Written by an authentic geezer himself, Fred Cicetti. Visit his website, or look for his articles in the Cape Gazette.
2. JP Morgan Guide to Retirement From JP Morgan Asset Management, this guidebook is full of slides and graphs on various retirement topics from investing to healthcare.
3. Book — “Younger Next Year” This was recommended by a friend of ours. He admittedly said “It is a bit corny at times but I found it a good primer about looking ahead to our “Golden Years” with a prescription for keeping them Golden” That sounded like a great read to me — and it really is. Take a look!
Local Health Fairs
1. Nanticoke Health Fair Each March, Nanticoke is pleased to host this community health event for all ages. Health education, health professionals, screenings, healthy living demonstrations, and many activities for the whole family will be available throughout the day. For more information, call 302-536-5388.
2. TidalHealth Health Fest Each March, TidalHealth Peninsula Regional Health System and the Wicomico County Board of Education invite everyone on the Delmarva Peninsula to join them for HealthFest. Over 35 free health screenings, including skin cancer screenings, will be available the day of the event and without pre-registration. The health screenings, performed by TidalHealth healthcare specialists, and other area healthcare providers, will be available to anyone looking to find out how healthy they actually are, and to learn what they can do to lead an even healthier and more productive lifestyle. Find out more info here!
3. Ocean City Community Health Fair Each May AARP put on this health fair with free health screenings – carotid, lipid profile, respiratory, bone density, skin cancer, hearing & much more! For more information, contact Melving Friedman at 410-524-1177 or [email protected].
4. Beebe Health Screenings and Health Fairs Beebe Healthcare is continuously providing free health screenings and health fairs to the community. Visit their website to sign up and learn more.