The information being provided is strictly as a courtesy. When you link any of these websites provided herewith you are leaving this site. Our company makes no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of information provided at the sites. Nor is the company liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or any consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, sites, information and programs made available through the site. When you access one of these sites, you are leaving InFocus Financial Advisors’ website and assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the sites you are linking to.Submit
Eric W. Johnston, CFP®
His clear focus is getting his clients started off prudently in retirement by providing in-depth, well-thought-out advice on retirement planning, social security strategies, Medicare advice, etc. He offers free initial no-obligation consultations. Some of the goals he has helped people pursue are retirement preparation, increasing social security income, proper retirement budgeting, avoiding loss of assets to long-term care costs, improving an investment strategy, and reducing estate tax on a large estate.
Eric is active in giving back to the local community.
- Eric is a member of the Transformational Community Leadership cohort that tours businesses in Delmarva and interacts with their leadership – working together to increase awareness of community needs and work on solutions.
- Eric is a member of the Executive Board of the Greater Salisbury Committee. GSC is a group of regional Presidents and CEOs of companies working together to find solutions to challenges in our area.
- Eric has been an instructor at the Delaware Financial Literacy Institute and for the State of Maryland Pre-Retirement Program over the last ten years.
- Eric is a founder of the Professional Partners of the Eastern Shore, a group that promotes financial advisors, attorneys, and CPAs working together for clients.
- Eric served as the College Liaison on the board of the Eastern Shore Society of Human Resource Management.
- He is a past member of the board of the Lower Shore Estate Planning Council and Delmarva Zoological Society.
- He is a Past President and a Founding Father of The Delmarva Planned Giving Council.
- He is a Past President of the Art Institute and Gallery where he oversaw a board of seventeen and four paid staff.
- He has served on the board of the Friends of the Salisbury Zoo.
- Eric is a past President of The Salisbury Junior Chamber of Commerce where he earned the Dean C. Patton Speaker of the Year Award. The Jaycees ran over 30 projects a year, had 168 members, and a board of directors of eighteen.
- Eric is also active in his church having served on its Finance Council and assisting the Parish with their website design and communications. He is a member of the Knights of Columbus.
- He has served on various committees in the Salisbury Area Chamber of Commerce and speaks regularly at events. Eric is currently developing a Leadership Development committee at the Chamber for developing our areas leaders in business and non-profit.
- Above and beyond his business and volunteering, Eric was also an Adjunct Professor and has taught Finance 446 Retirement Planning at Salisbury University’s Perdue School of Business.
Eric currently resides in Salisbury, Maryland with his wife, Heather, and their four children.